Dear Parents and Carers,
We are so pleased to be able to welcome you back to your Nursery School next week. This letter aims to give you clear instructions that we ask you and your child to follow when attending your given nursery school sessions. These are necessary because we are operating very differently in order to keep children, parents and staff safe at school during the current Covid 19 pandemic.
- Video Please watch the video (link also email) which will help your children know what to expect when they return next week. In it we walk you through step by step how to arrive with your child at Nursery School, on foot through the car park, using our new one way system.
- Arrival times To avoid overcrowding, please keep promptly to your staggered arrival times, yours is stated above in blue). You will either be arriving at 9am, 9.10 am or 9.20am. Only one adult should accompany your child. If you are late, you will need to wait off site until there are no other parents and children waiting to enter.
- Social Distancing Please keep your child close by your side at all times when on site and observe social distancing with all other families and staff. Please enter and leave the site using the new one-way system. No toilets are available to visitors and we would ask you to leave the site as quickly as possible with minimal contact with surfaces. Please do not gather on site even at a social distance.
- Packed Lunch Your child needs to bring a packed lunch which you or they must place on the trolley on arrival. Please make sure they can eat their lunch as independently as possible. Eg, use foil wrappings or other easy to open packaging.
- Clothing Please remember this is a long outdoor session. You child must wear a top which covers their shoulders and arm to their elbows to keep them safe from the sun. They must bring a labelled sun hat and wear safe foot wear in which they can climb, run and play safely. Parents are advised to wash their child’s clothes daily and ensure their child attends in clean clothes each day (including a clean coat if appropriate).
- Sun Care It is essential that you apply a high factor, long-lasting sun cream to your child’s face, neck, arms and legs (and feet if appropriate) before coming to school. We cannot re apply during the day.
- Items from home You must ONLY bring a lunch box and a change of clothes and nappies if needed.
- Illness Keep your child at home if they appear unwell in any way and please do not enter the school site at all if you or someone you live with has any of these symptoms:
- Flu symptoms
- A new continuous, cough
- Fever (over 37.8 Celcius)
- Or loss of smell or taste (also called anosmia)
- Collection Please collect your child at 3 o’clock prompt. We will have your child ready to leave with their belongings and washed hands. Remember to enter on foot through the car park and use the one-way system.
- Communication We need to ensure social distancing between parents and staff. If you need to talk through any issues, no matter how big or how small, please contact us by phone or email so that we can talk things through without compromising our safeguarding procedures.
We hope you enjoy the sunshine this weekend and come to school well-prepared for a hot week next week. Although this is a new way of working, and we will be strict about these measures to keep everyone safe, we are here to help in any way we can. If you would like to read the full risk assessment for reopening nursery school, you will find it on the ACE Centre website when it is uploaded this weekend. We can give you a printed copy next week if you would like one.
See you next week
The Nursery School Team.