Nursery School Newsletter 21
This week’s Nursery School highlights:
- Inside – This week we have created a ‘Frozen’ stage with the children where they have been dancing, singing and using ribbons and scarves to dance and sing. Some of the children in small groups have also been exploring the ACE Centre with Jenny. They have visited the other settings and seen rooms they have never seen before. This was a great opportunity for the children to use directions and prepositional language.
- Outside – The children been busy with Marlena representing the town of Chipping Norton by building familiar places such as the Co-op, the bus stop, the garage and the town hall.
World Book Day – We had a lovely day sharing the children’s books and seeing them dressed up as their favourite characters. The children were encouraged to tell their own stories and act them out. We will continue this next week. We also have vouchers to give out which you can take to a local book shop and your child can exchange for a book. If you have not received one please do ask.
- Phonics – The sound we have revisited this week is ‘t’. Here is a link to the song. Please be aware of online safety when sharing with your child. We have also recapped on other sounds we have learnt so far. It was lovely to see the children beginning to make links to words that begin with or have the ‘t’ sound in.
We have also been exploring rhyming words in songs, books and during intentional teaching activities.
- Maths – We have been focusing on counting and cardinality this week, where we have been modelling and supporting 1:1 touch ensuring the children are understanding the total number of a given number. We have then been matching the quantity to the numeral (1-5) and challenging some children with higher numbers depending on their stage of development.
Our poem this week has been:
A cute little snowman with a
long carrot nose.
Along came a rabbit and
what do you suppose?
That cute little rabbit,
looking for his lunch.
Ate the snowman’s carrot nose,
nibble, nibble, munch.
Our song this week has been:
Incy Wincy Spider
The children have enjoyed this nursery rhyme, ask them if they can remember the other versions we have done – ‘Tincy Wincy Spider’ where we used a squeaky voice with little actions and ‘Hugey Wugey Spider’ where we used a big deep voice with big actions.
To help with clear communication here are a few reminders (helpful information):
- Forest School – Due to staff absence this week we sadly had to cancel Forest School, so next week Forest School will be for week B children. Please do ask if you are unsure which group your child is in.
- Termly parental voluntary £10 donations – Next week we will send out envelopes for contributions to help with our enhanced provision such as curricular experiences – cooking, woodwork, DT and Forest School. These contributions are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your continued support.
- Tapestry online journals – Please look out for activation emails as we are hoping to start using this new platform next week.
- Junk Modelling – If you have any recycling you can bring in for the children to use for junk modelling that would be fantastic.
I hope you all have a great weekend.