Nursery School Newsletter 14
This week’s Nursery School highlights:
- The Twinkly Twinkly Nativity – WOW! What can I say apart from the children all did so well, it is a massively overwhelming experience at such a young age. But in saying that, each child will have gained something from taking part (either in the build-up or during or after the performance) and we are very proud of them all. The children have been continuing to sing the songs and act out key parts of the story since the performance, taking on different parts/characters each time.
- Snack/Cooking – The children enjoyed making some Christmas biscuits with Ginny today and Jenny yesterday. Although the first batch did burn yesterday, this was a good discussion point for the children to learn from.
- Outside – It has been like ‘Winter Wonderland’ outside at Nursery School. We have been restricted to only playing in some parts of the garden, but it has been lovely to get out and explore the icy weather. The children have enjoyed experimentingwith making marks in the ice with coloured water, listening to the ice cracking and comparing footprint sizes. Yesterday some of the children helped me with clearing the ice, they used spades, rakes and brooms to help with the process. I was very impressed with the determination and perseverance I saw from the children.
- Inside – The children have been busy with Christmas crafts and activities. We have also had Christmas music playing at times, which has prompted lots of dancing. Creativity and imagination continue in all areas. The children have also particularly enjoyed independently looking at books, along with snuggling up with a teacher and having lots of books read to them by the Christmas tree.
Phonics – This week’s sound is ‘r’. We learnt the song where we had to pretend to be a puppy pulling a rag, shaking our head from side to side saying ‘rrrrrr’. Here is the link to the song. The children continue to remember all the sounds covered so far and we are all very impressed.
To help with clear communication here are a few reminders (helpful information):
Monday 19th of December – Christmas Activity Day/Father Christmas visit (organised by the ‘Friends of the ACE Centre’). If your child does not normally attend Nursery School on a Monday, they are more than welcome to attend for either the AM (8.50 – 11.50) or the PM session (12.30 – 3.30).
Christmas Raffle – Please see the attached poster (thanks to Verity Doyle) to view our fantastic raffle prizes. You still have chance to purchase tickets (suggested donation of £1 per ticket) until after school on Monday the 19th of December. The tickets will then be drawn later that day, and we will let winners know the following day. If in Nursery School on the Tuesday, you can collect your prize or can collect your prize from the office at a convenient time for you during opening times. Good luck and thank you for supporting the ACE Centre.
Tuesday 20th December Christmas Party Day (last day of term) – There are labels available for you take with suggested contributions for the party food. Please ask if you have not seen them. You are also very welcome to come and enjoy the last part of the session with us in Nursery School while the children tuck into the party food:
- AM – 11.20 – 11.50am
- PM – 3.00 – 3.30pm
If your child is 30 hours, you will not have to provide a lunch on the last day unless you feel your child will not eat any of the party food. We have ensured there is a good mix of savoury and sweet treats.
- Christmas in Chippy – We were lucky enough to have a stall at Christmas in Chippy last Sunday. This was a great chance to promote the ACE Centre within our community. We ran a lucky lolly stick dip and had a “name the panda” competition (where we also handed out some fun facts about pandas), along with selling some Christmas playdough (which came with the recipe).
This would not have been possible to do without the support of staff, parents and the governors. Our governors kindly donated a lot of the prizes and we raised £72 to go in our fundraising pot.
Individual thanks must go to Lana, Alison, Ginny and Monica for volunteering to take a turn on the stall. We still have spaces available in Nursery School so please do help to spread the word.
I hope you have a wonderful break and enjoy making new memories this Christmas time with your family and friends.
We look forward to welcoming you back on Friday the 6th of January.