Nursery School Newsletter 7
I cannot believe it is the last week of term already! What a busy but great term we have had. We are all so proud of the children and how they have settled back and into Nursery School, they are all a real credit to you all. If your child has not been a focus child yet, don’t worry, they will have their turn next term. This is when for a week we focus on your child and all the staff gather observations and snap shots from their week at Nursery School. We will then share these with you the following week and arrange a parental telephone consultation to discuss and check in.
This week’s Nursery School highlights:
- Snack / Cooking – The children have had the chance to make orange juice this week with Issy. They enjoyed using the manual squeezer fruit press to get every drop of fresh juice out of the oranges without having to worry about picking out pulp and seeds.
- Outside – A post office has been created following the children’s interests. The children have also been busy creating houses with Marlena and thinking about the foundations and symmetry required.
- Inside – I have been encouraging the children to listen to a range of music and express themselves through singing, dance, movement, and instruments.
- The children enjoyed watching a clip on the interactive white board about going to the dentist, here is the link – Milkshake Monkey goes to the Dentist. We then had a great discussion about looking after our teeth and then sang the song ‘Brush your Teeth’, this then led to further discussion, here is the link, the children made up their own actions.
- Forest School – The children had the chance to explore rope ladders with Lexy this week.
Our core book – Peace at Last, the children really have enjoyed this story. They joined in with the sounds and actions and we had some lovely dialogical reading sessions going on.
Phonic sounds – We have been learning and listening out for the ‘i’ sound this week. We have been learning songs, actions and discussing items, names where they can hear the ‘i’ sound. We have also continued exploring body percussion developing an awareness of sounds and rhythms.
Maths – We have continued with exploring pattern and modelled vocabulary such as repeating pattern, behind, in front, next to, match, same, identical, different etc.
Our poem this week has been:
A little old lady with a tall pointed hat,
Knocked on my door with a rat-a-tat-tat.
I peered through the window to see who was there,
And off on her broomstick she flew through the air.
To help with clear communication here are a few reminders/helpful information:
- Thank you to everyone who baked, donated, helped, or came to support the ‘Friends of the ACE Centre’ last Saturday serving teas at Chastleton. I am pleased to say we raised an AMAZING £455.21. We are now thinking about our next fundraiser, so if you are interested in joining the ‘Friends’ please do let us know. We will set a date for a meeting next month where we can discuss roles available and how we envisage moving forwards together to raise funds for the centre.
- *SCHOOL/NURSERY PHOTOS* – Apologies about the cancellation of our photographer this week. Heather has now rescheduled for Thursday the 10th of November. She will be taking studio photographs; she will be in with us for the morning and afternoon. We will co-ordinate siblings who are in session to be done together along with individual photos. If you have younger siblings, you would like to include we can accommodate this at the beginning of each session, but you will have to allow time for this. Heather will also be taking some individual black and white natural photographs while the children play, so you will have options to choose from. If your child does not normally attend on a Thursday, you are welcome to pop along at the beginning of the AM or PM session and we will fit you in. But again, you will need to allow time for this. Heather will then come back in the summer to do a whole Nursery School group photo.
- Warm Welcome drop-in sessions starting every Tuesday from 9am to 11.45am after half term – The first one will be the 1st of November, a nice way to meet other parents, have a chat in the warm with a hot drink (see posters attached to newsletter).
- Monday the 31st of October is an INSET day for Nursery School. Children return to Nursery School on the 1st of November.
Thank you for all your support this term, it is very much appreciated. Have a great half term and we look forward to seeing you next term.
If you are out and about over half term below is a list of places your children can eat free (or for £1)
Please also see below for a fun activity at Chipping Norton Fire Station:
Come up to Chipping Norton Fire Station this Halloween for spooky fun, treats, fancy dress, & a look around the fire engine! Between 6pm-9pm on Monday 31st October. Free entry, although any donations you wish to give will go directly to the Fire Fighters Charity